The Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank Board of Directors is responsible for the operation of the food bank.
The composition of the Board of Directors is comprised of an appointed key person from the group of volunteers from each congregation or organization. The key person shall be responsible for recruiting, training, and retaining volunteer team members and scheduling of the volunteers of his/her congregation or organization. The key person shall automatically become a member of the Board of Directors and is to attend board meetings.
Officers of the Board of Directors, referred to as the Executive Board, shall be elected each year at the September Board Meeting by the current board members with no restriction to the number of terms of office. The officers shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and, currently, an Assistant Treasurer. Officers and board members receive no compensation for their services.
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors are as follows:
1. Develop and maintain public and community relations
2. Establish policies for the operation of the food bank and its support services
3. Oversee training procedures for all volunteers and paid staff and encourage support organizations to procure new volunteers as needs dictate.
4. Oversee the maintenance of accurate records on clients and donors
5. Seek, initiate requests for, and monitor available grants
6. Approve the employment and discharge of all employees
Bill Holbrook, Treasurer Thomas Ehrets, Assistant Treasurer Mary Timko, Secretary
Give to the Allentown Food Bank
The Allentown Area Ecumenical Food Bank is Allentown’s only daily food bank, assisting families in need from Monday through Friday. Every dollar of your support helps provide this crucial support to approximately 25,000 people or more each year.